2. How many drinks have you had since the quarantine has started? No more than usual, maybe averaging one a week, maybe less (as i don't tend to make drinks strong).
3. If you have kids... Are they driving you nuts? No kids.
4. What new hobby have you taken up during this? No time for new hobbies, or even re-dedication to old ones. Just barely keeping up with yard and garden.
5. How many grocery runs have you done? I think my last run was the 18th of March. Christine and i normally went grocery shopping together every Wednesday evening. When we began taking this seriously, i stopped going as a modicum of risk management so i could easily spend time with Mom and Dad. Dad goes shopping himself, which... sigh. His first trip was to a nearby military base which was aggressively managing risk. I think he's going to general stores now. I don't think he has a mask.
Adding that to the consult list with my sister.
6. What are you spending your stimulus check on? 50% saving, 25% for Christine's discretion in managing her business efforts, 25% to be donated. I've not yet discerned where to donate. We've started a regular donation to the food bank, something i've procrastinated on doing since we moved here. I am concerned about people in our community who are not receiving such a check: the donation may go there.
7. Do you have any special occasions that you will miss during this quarantine? No
8. Are you keeping your housework done? Me personally? As much as i usually contribute. Christine is taking on more, now that M is not coming in. I should sweep.
9. What movie have you watched during this quarantine? Um. Christine's watched Money Ball as a baseball substitute. I'm sure we've watched others. What we watch more of is the late night comedians /hosts and the news shows. And i'm trying to withdraw before too much.
10. What are you streaming with? We have Netflix and Prime, and on Prime, Brit Box and CBS. I'm not sure how long Netflix will last once The Crown is over.
11. Do you expect any significant changes to your household by the end of the year? I think we're pretty stable. I have a hard time imagining a change to our household. Maybe another dog, were we to hear horrible news about fear-abandoned animals.
12. What's your go-to quarantine meal? Erm, I don't think meals have changed that much for us. We might be having more smart dogs -- but i'm not sure. We had them a little more often than i would like to admit anyhow. We did start having a little more slaw earlier than usual: no lettuce made cabbage based slaw more attractive.
13. Is this whole situation making you more preoccupied with worry? I have the meta-worry that we're not worrying enough. So much of the advice i read in the NYTimes is urban oriented, and so i don't want to take on all the actions that are needed when you open the door to your domicile and there can be others within six feet. And i don't want to stress Christine as the person who goes into the world unduly. I'm trying to be balanced.
And i keep reminding myself my cough is asthmatic. (Temperature: 98.2°F)
14. Has your internet gone out on you during this time? Well, most of it was self inflicted (unterminated cable causing the router to fail), but i think there have been a few short provider inflicted outages.
15. What month do you predict this all ends? Ooof. There's such a challenge for the people who are more at risk and those who live in communal situations. The retirement homes and prisons will need to be able to be certain - and that's going to take a vaccine. Schools? And massive stadium events? Festivals?
I am not looking forward to the public health vs personal freedom fights with the anti-vaxxers.
18. What free-from-quarantine activity are you missing the most?
16. First thing you're gonna do when stay at home orders are lifted? Stay at home. Maybe go on a road trip with my Dad to the beach or mountains, assuming an uncrowded destination. Because Mom is particularly at risk.
17. Where do you wish you were right now? No wishing needed.
18. What free-from-quarantine activity are you missing the most? Giving into temptation to buy plants at the farm store.
19. Have you run out of toilet paper and hand sanitizer? No. We had hand sanitizer before and are just using that. Didn't think to buy that in late February. We did buy some alcohol to make some more if we really need it. TP is concerning for Christine who hasn't seen any for sale since the first runs on it. But i think we'll be able to restock via Amazon or the restaurants selling their supplies if the supply chain failure continues.
20. Do you have enough food to last a month? In late February we stocked up with the usual canned pet food for two weeks and kibble for longer. We certainly have enough calories in the house for people for a month. Whether it would be enjoyable meals for a month -- erm.
This is also posted at https://elainegrey.dreamwidth.org/807761.html .