First, i want to dump some worries:
1) I've had my first homeowner worry dreams: something about the refrigerator. I don't know why: my subconscious is missing the real worries about the dishwasher (is it really going to stay fixed?) and the clothes washer (did the sellers come take it in the middle of the night after the sale, or will they demand it in a few months? or...). The fridge is huge and shiny and new. I will learn to clean its coils, i promise!
2) I have been distracted for months now. MONTHS. I worry i will never be able to concentrate again. That i will be too busy buying things for our new home or unpacking or just poking around on the internet and will never focus ever again.
3) I'm worried that i will get sucked into the computer -- which is how i live now -- and will neglect the house and yard.
Somewhere between 2 & 3 is joy.
4) How am i going to find the time to see family? At least, the point about having a yard is that yard work will actually be exercise.
5) I am going to melt into one blobby puddle in all the humidity.
6) What do i need a burn permit for burning? http://www.chathamnc.org/index.aspx?page=960 "It shall be unlawful for any person to start or cause to be started any fire or ignite any material in any woodland under the protection of the Department or within 500 feet of any such woodland during the hours starting at midnight and ending at 4:00 P.M. without first obtaining a permit from the Department." Hmm, i guess an email to my county forester is called for. Is my woodland under their protection? If so, can i get free advice about maintaining it?
7) I am worried my feet and ankles will never work pain free again. And that arthritis is settling into my right hand and knees just as i want to start becoming more physically active.
8) I'm worried that Christine's worrying about the cats will be a complete drain of emotional energy on this trip east. However we have the biggest litterbox ever, harnesses, sedatives, crates and carriers, a covered pickup truck bed....
9) I'm worried that we're going to run into trouble in hotels because we have three cats and the limits are generally two pets. Maybe the two orange cats will look like one big golden retriever.
With luck, recording my worries will mean i don't have to think about them any more.
This is also posted at http://elainegrey.dreamwidth.org/609171.html .