E.G. (elainegrey) wrote,
E.G.
elainegrey

In moving news, the silence from the sellers has been driving me nuts. We finally followed up with our realtor who replied

I am sure will have the signature from the sellers prior to the end of the [Due diligence] period. They are working diligently. If we do not have the signed document back by mid-afternoon 4/24, you will have two choices:

1. I can prepare a termination of contract for you. You would get back your Earnest Money Depoist, but not your Due Diligence or fees paid toward inspections.

2. Or, you can take the house as it is.


At which point i was in a tizzy. Shouldn't she be doing something about this? We called. (After calling my Dad to ensure that this was weird behavior.)

She poked the agent for the sellers, who appears to be still in the process of getting quotes from contractors and following up on details. EG: the sellers say the smoke detectors are hooked up to the alarm company. Eye-roll. What the blazes are they doing with an alarm company monitoring that place, anyhow? (Back of my brain says, ooh, maybe Russian mafia!)

Anyhow, i am going to assume that they aren't trying to abuse *us* by waiting to the last minute to say, no, we aren't fixing these things and leave us holding the bag for the repairs.

Tags: greycatnext
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

  • 3 comments