Apparently, NC has a practice of the buyer getting 30 days or so of due diligence: essentially, we have bought 30 days to inspect the property and decide if we want it or not. So, there's an outside chance that something will be really wrong and we will withdraw our offer.... but i find that hard to imagine. I've read the covenants, the county and city zoning, the easement for the power company (that one needs more details). Probably need to see how much water the well draws....
So, we've each had half a bottle of champagne (well, Sonoma brut sparkling wine). I can't sleep.
I'm going to need a hatchet or a machete.