||[Sep. 14th, 2015|06:15 pm]
So, i'm threatening to make curtains if Christine will investigate curtain hardware. We have two pairs of sliding glass doors. I love all the light but Christine isn't so fond. We've had highly annoying vertical blinds that have been disintegrating since we moved in. I wonder if she'd like the windows better if there were decent drapes. It's just straight seams, right?
IKEA has in a fabric botanical print with a purple-gold-green color scheme. It might be very close to some of the carpet squares we have. It is, at least, a similar scheme. I hope to get to IKEA today to get a sample of the fabric and some storage boxes for the china sets.
My morning tea water didn't really boil this morning. The electric kettle became cranky, so i put the tea pot on the stove. (It's a heavy ceramic designed to be used as a kettle as well.) That seemed to take forever. I don't feel well prepared for the day.
--==∞ LATER ∞==--
Template: Filling the Form
1. Work space
* Get through loose papers and stay caught up
* Digital workspace clutter
>> I am clearly taking on too many little administrative tasks. So many, "oh yes, i'll deal with that" moments as i go through email and mail. I need to let things pass by more often.
* Happy with car
* I threaten to get back on the scooters to practice for taking caltrain.
* Continue to conquer clutter
* New dishes are a temptation due to all the flatware marks.
4. Living room
* In clearing off the top of my dresser, i noticed more things that could be donated or packed away.
* i'm developing more discipline around cleaning chores -- but room for improvement
* Still pretty pleased
* Have tights to get together for winter
* two more slips?
7. Reading list or entertainment plans
* No video nights are happening more often
* See exercise habits
8. Exercise habits
* MUST TAKE WALKS
9. Eating habits
* MUST GET BACK TO CARROTS
10. Spiritual/intellectual maintenance
* I'm hoping to re-enliven my worship (but i do fear some of the depth is dulled by my antidepressants)
* Plenty of challenge coming up in the community
* I'm in an odd place with my mind with respect to work: i hope the workgroup mental block breaks soon.
Take the list or similar, and quickly dash off three small things in each area that can be done to improve your quality of being. Then set aside. Repeat the process some time later (a quarter? "ten week" period?) and then review the previous one. Tag taw@w & ftf