* The Drunken Botanist: The Plants That Create the World's Great Drinks -- Amy Stewart
* The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: (Dramatised)
Finished, comics of two very different forms, both of which i enjoyed. The Pretty Deadly is intense and dark and i'll need to read again now that my "what happens next... next ... next..." speed reading has been satiated.
* Richard's Poor Almanac — Richard Thompson
* Pretty Deadly Vol 1 — Kelly Sue Deconnick (Author), Emma Rios (Illustrator)
Christine set up the record player last night so i finally got to hear my vinyl of In a Roman Mood (1981) by Human Sexual Response. It was what we played while she worked on the set up, so it wasn't a full listen, but i was delighted. The gain and various settings were good when we got to Land of the Glass Pinecones: delighted. Also, we listened to some of Pink Floyd's The Endless River. I hadn't realized that we had the airtunes set up with the nearly antique receiver and speakers (which are fabulous). Quality sound: wow. Also, the sudden fear of blasting away the neighbors.
In slow progress queues:
* And the Pursuit of Happiness – Maira Kalman
* A History of the Swedish People - Vilhelm Moberg
This is also posted at http://elainegrey.dreamwidth.org/542308.html .