Some particular someone got a bee in his bonnet about this being programmed worship. We've dropped the practice despite others in the meeting thinking that the queries should be read.
During Wednesday evening worship, a rare occasion for me, i found myself thinking about queries.
One thought is to lead a return of the practice.
Another thought is to return to my own practice of journaling in response to queries.
Periodically i've gone through practices of responding to questions, not just the Yearly Meeting's queries, but also some others. I'm imagining drawing a random number and responding from a set list.
Here are some ideas
- How have i furthered the cause of social justice in the past day (week) and what opportunities have i missed? (I thought about this during worship and the drive home. I don't see many places where i act to support social justice, but i noted by buying from Amazon instead of REI i supported the distribution center business. I think i may find this query good practice.)
- How have i practiced compassion in the past day (week) and what opportunities have i missed?
- How have i conserved natural resources in the past day (week) and what opportunities have i missed?
- In what way did i best steward my time and what opportunities have i missed?
- What was the most beautiful moment in the past day (week)?
- What has caused frustration in the past day (week) and how may i go forward?
- Are there concerns that i may carry for another?
- Are there concerns i may ask another to carry for me?
- Have i been using those tools that i know make my life better? (Or that i'm experimenting with?)
- Are there yams i've eaten in the past day, yams getting cold on the plate?
- What abundance have i experienced in the past day (week)?
- What joy have i experienced in the past day (week)?
- Have i been attending to the transitions (joy/flow/meander) and when may i have missed the opportunity?
Do you have any offerings for me?
This is also posted at http://elainegrey.dreamwidth.org/496524.html .